Upon the recommendation of the European Union made on June 30, 2020, Spain has decided to reopen its borders to 12 third-countries. Residents of these countries can travel to Spain using Spain visit visa. These 12 countries are:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
The residents of these countries can enter Spain from July 4, 2020, if they have all the necessary documents.
Residents of Morocco, Algeria, and China will be allowed to enter Spain if they in turn reopen their borders to the residents of Spain.
The decision to reopen the borders was signed by Fernando Grande-Marlaska, the Minister of Interior. It was also published in the official gazette. It was implemented effective from midnight of July 4.
After the EU Council recommended that gradual lifting of temporary restrictions on 15 countries considered ‘safe’, it was left to the member states to decide which countries to allow in their borders finally.
Simultaneously, apart from the holders of a long-term visa from a Schengen Associated state or a member state, any other third-country resident can enter Spain only for essential purposes. These include:
- Seasonal workers in the agricultural sector
- Those who give reasons of force majeure,the situation of need, or permitted entry for humanitarian reasons
- Those traveling for family reasons
- Workers highly qualified to do such work that’s essential and can’t be postponed or done remotely, including those participants in high-level sports events that take place in Spain
- Students who study in the Member States or the Schengen States having the corresponding visa or permit
- Civil protection, military,international, consular, diplomatic, and members of humanitarian organizations, working on their functions
- Aeronautical personnel, sailorsand transport personnel needed to carry out air transport activities
- Health professionals, including health researchers, and elderly care professionals who go to or return from exercising their work activity
- Cross-border workers
The new rules regarding entry restrictions will remain implemented until July 31, 2020.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Europe, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…