South Australia has started up the skilled migration program to invite immigrants for the newly added 259 occupations. These occupations are added to the state’s Skilled Occupation List. The applications have to submit their registration of interests so that they can receive the invitation for state nomination.
The requirements will vary according to the occupation chosen by an applicant. The immigrants have to meet the minimum requirements to submit their registration of interests for permanent and temporary immigration.
- Registration of interests is opened to invite people from abroad
- South Australian employers can use Designation Area Migration Agreements to sponsor the workers from different countries.
- People may apply for any occupation and they will be eligible for permanent residence in Australia.
Eligibility criteria for work in Australia
*Check your eligibility through Y-Axis Australia Immigration Points Calculator.
The applicants have to meet the requirements provided by the Department of Home Affairs. They also need to meet state-specific occupation requirements. They also need to have the skills for the occupation that is available in the Skilled Occupation List.
Designation Area Migration Agreements
The state government has made an announcement new occupations are secured under Designation Area Migration Agreement or DAMA. These occupationsare hospitality, manufacturing, forestry, tourism, and motor trades.
DAMA is an initiative to provide permanent residence to the immigrants. Two agreements are included in this agreement which are
- Adelaide Technology and Innovation Advancement Agreement
- South Australian Regional Workforce Agreement
The Department of Skills and Innovation spokesperson Lee Gaskin has told that DAMA now includes 190 occupations, and there is an increase of 51 occupations in the list. Concessions are also included to the visa requirements.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …