An Ontario PNP draw was held on July 27, 2021, to invite 1,031 Express Entry candidates having experience working in one of 18 occupations listed for eligibility. The candidates invited had CRS scores between 458 and 467.
The OINP invited these candidates as they had the eligibility for the HCP stream of Express Entry. The Ontario PNP offers international workers the chance to settle down in Ontario, the most populous province of Canada.
In the July 27 draw, the OINP issued invitations to Express Entry candidates to file applications for a provincial nomination. They were required to have work experience in one of the 18 occupations we have listed below along with the NOC code:
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit, and other investment managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 2161 – Statisticians, mathematicians, and actuaries
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 3012 – Nurses and psychiatric nurses (registered)
- NOC 3233 – Practical nurses (licensed)
The candidates who were invited were mandated to possess a minimum of 1 year’s work experience in one of the jobs listed above. Only then will they get Ontario’s provincial nomination.
In case they get nominated under this immigration program or another PNP linked to Express Entry, they will get to come to the front of the line to get an ITA for Canada PR.
About Express Entry system
- It’s an application management system for the Canadian federal government.
- The applications are from candidates who apply to federal high-skilled programs namely CEC, FSWP, and FSTP.
- Candidates in the Express Entry pool will be granted points on the basis of human capital factors like work experience, age, education, and proficiency in the language of English/French.
- Candidates who get the highest points are invited to apply for Canada PR in an Express Entry draw.
- The candidates who have been provincially nominated are awarded 600 extra CRS points that will assure them of the chance to get an ITA in a subsequent federal Express Entry draw.
Since the pandemic started, IRCC has been conducting PNP-only draws. In them, candidates required a PNP so that they can be invited.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class
OINP – Ontario Immigration Nominee Program