Canada immigration saw Ontario’s latest draw that invited a specific set of candidates from the province’s Express Entry Skilled Trades stream. The draw happened on April 29, 2020. 190 invitations were sent to eligible candidates by the Ontario immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). There were 14 skilled trade jobs involved in the offer to these candidates.
OINP has selected candidates with work experience in the following occupations. These occupations are identified by immigration Canada by a National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.
- Crane operators (NOC 7371)
- Ironworkers (NOC 7236)
- Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters (NOC 7235)
- Electricians (NOC 7235)
- Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252)
- Electrical power line and cable workers (NOC 7244)
- Concrete finishers (NOC 7282)
- Carpenters (NOC 7271)
- Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews (NOC 7302)
- Roofers (NOC 7291)
- Refrigeration and AC mechanics (NOC 7313)
- Heavy-duty equipment mechanics (NOC 7312)
- Elevator constructors and mechanics (NOC 7381)
- Machine fitters (NOC 7316)
Calling for skilled hands to work in chosen priority occupations was planned also to enable the employers in Ontario to pick the right workers easier. All candidates selected in the draw had their profiles in the Canada Express Entry system.
If the invited candidates get a nomination from Ontario, it will add 600 points to their original Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. With such an increase in score, the candidates are effectively guaranteed to get Invitations to Apply (ITA) in an upcoming Express Entry draw.
A brief statistic of different streams through which invitations were issued by Ontario in 2020 is as follows:
- Entrepreneur Stream – 26 invitations
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream – 242 invitations
- Human Capital Priorities stream – 1440 invitations
The federal government’s OINP allocation for 2020 is awaited by Ontario. Last year, the allocation counted to 6,650 principal applicant spots. There were an added 700 spots owing to Ontario’s meeting the initial allocation target.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…