A recent Manitoba PNP draw gave 375 immigration candidates the opportunity to apply for a provincial nomination for Canada PR. The draw was held on July 29, 2021.
Candidates who got selected for Manitoba’s provincial nomination can now expect to get the chance to apply for Canada PR.
The result of the Manitoba PNP draw was as follows:
- 47 invitations were sent to candidates in the stream of Skilled Workers Overseas. The minimum score required was 708.
- 285 invitations were sent to candidates in the stream of Skilled Workers in Manitoba. The minimum score required was 400.
- 43 invitations were sent to candidates in the stream of International Education. There was no minimum score required.
42 LAAs were issued to Express Entry candidates.
Manitoba’s immigration programs
International graduates who have finished their studies in Manitoba will get the eligibility to be invited to apply for Manitoba’s provincial nomination under this stream. For this, they have to show that they have acquired the in-demand skills required for selection.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
The candidates coming under this category must have a full-time job offer from an employer in Manitoba to be eligible to get invited.
Skilled Workers Overseas
Candidates with connections in Manitoba were the only ones who were eligible to apply under this category. The connection could be through family members in Manitoba, the experience of living/working in Manitoba, or being invited through a Strategic Recruitment Initiative of Manitoba.
These candidates aren’t required to be residing in Manitoba at the time of applying for eligibility.
About Express Entry
- It’s an immigration application management system maintained by Canada.
- It manages applications from immigration candidates for high-skilled immigration programs namely FSTP, FSWP, and CEC.
- Candidates who apply to Express Entry will have to create a profile there, which will be ranked by CRS.
- The scores for ranking are given by considering factors like age, education, skills in language, and work experience.
- Provincial governments could access these profiles and offer nominations to suitable candidates along with 600 extra CRS points. The extra points will cement their chances of getting an ITA in a federal Express Entry draw. This leads them to the opportunity to apply for Canada PR.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident
CRS – Comprehensive Ranking System
EOI – Expression of Interest
PNP – Provincial Nominee Program
ITA – Invitation to Apply
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FSWP – Federal Skilled Worker Program
FSTP – Federal Skill Trades Program
CEC – Canadian Experience Class