Here are excerpts from the details on the current status of Canada immigration given by Canada’s Minister for Immigration, Marco Mendicino in an interview given in Agenda, a Canadian TV show.
Immigration Level Plans 2021-2023
- Canada has made the choice of inviting more immigrants during and after the COVID-19 pandemic to enable the country to prosper.
- Canada is aiming at an influx of 400,000 immigrants between 2021 and 2023.
- Canada is allowing eligible Canada PRs to use a new pilot program to complete their PR application online.
- Canada is the only country to conduct online citizenship ceremonies.
- Mendicino has proposed to waive fees for Canadian citizenship. The proposal was made in his mandate letter of December 2019.
Municipal Nominee Program
- Mendicino also focuses on the mandated priority of launching a Municipal Nominee Program to encourage the settlement of immigrants in the smaller cities of Canada.
- IRCC is continuing its consultation with municipal, provincial, business, and other stakeholders on how MNP will be designed.
The interview with Mendicino projects his assurance that Canada will meet its huge targets for immigration, which he asserts to be realistic.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
MNP –Municipal Nominee Program