Sign up for free

expert consultation

Down Arrow

I accept the Terms & Conditions


Get Free Counseling

Posted on March 24 2023

Great chance to work in US. B1 and B2 visa holders can apply for jobs in US

By  Editor
Updated June 07 2023

Highlights: B1 and B2 visa holders can apply for jobs in US

  • US B1 and B2 visa holders can apply for jobs in the country.
  • These specific visas facilitate international individuals to come to the US for business or tourism.
  • International professionals have a grace period of 60 days.
  • It helps international professionals stay in the US after the validity of the visa has expired.
  • The conversion of non-immigrant status helps international professionals stay in the US to look for jobs.

Abstract: Holders of B1 and B2 visas in the US can apply for jobs in the country.

International individuals coming to the US on business or tourist visas are eligible to apply for jobs in the US. They can appear for interviews for suitable job roles.

The USCIS or US Citizenship and Immigration Services asked international professionals in the countries to ensure the candidates change their visa status before applying for a new job role.

*Wish to work in USA? Y-Axis is here to offer you the required assistance.

Know More about the Revised Policies for Jobs in US

The holders of B1 and B2 visas are eligible to apply for jobs after converting their non-immigrant status.

The USCIS also stated that before starting any new job role, the petition and request for the change of B-1 or B-2 status to an employment-authorized status should be approved.

Read More…

USCIS added 65,000 H-2B visas. Register now!

USCIS introduced modified I-765 Form for Employment Authorization

DHS publishes fair public charge rule for Immigrants in USA

What can the International Professional do to change the status?

International professionals can file an application to change their non-immigrant status to stay in the US. They can file an application for:

  • Adjustment of status
  • Employment authorization document for "Compelling Circumstances"
  • The beneficiary of a petition to change the US-based employer

If the actions are taken in the 60-day grace period, international individuals can stay in the US for more than 60 days.

The USCIS has stated that when international professionals lose their employment, they may act on the wrong information that they have to leave the country within 60 days.

The maximum grace period of 60 days starts the next day after the employment ends.

*Want to work in USA? Contact Y-Axis, the leading Work Overseas Consultant in Australia.

If you found this news article helpful, you may want to read…

USCIS extends processing of work authorization for few F1 study visa candidates


Jobs in US

Work in USA


Latest Article

Popular Post

Trending Article


Posted On July 12 2024

OINP issued 1277 NOIs under Skilled Trades Stream