June 2021 saw a rapid growth in job creation in Canada. This followed the waning of the COVID-19 pandemic situation. Now, experts are looking forward to a phenomenal growth in employment that will happen at a gradual but confident pace. This is the trend predicted for the rest of 2021. Hence, it’s a great time to migrate to Canada.
A senior economist with the Bank of Montreal, Robert Kavcic stated that there is an expectation for smoother job recovery all through the second half of 2021. The total employment is estimated to be down 1.8% from pre-COVID levels.
The second quarter of 2021 was a roller-coaster ride for the Canadian economy. The period was full of lay-offs, shut-down of companies during lockdowns, etc. But lately, the country has re-opened. This has led to more people getting hired compared to those who have been laid off. So, choosing to migrate to Canada to work will be a good move.
Performance of Canadian provinces
- Ontario had the steepest decline in employment. The number of employments was down by 67,000 in the second quarter of 2021.
- Ontario also had a phenomenal gain of 117,000 gain in employment after Canada opened up partially in June 2021.
- Quebec had an earlier reopening and had employment growth of 51,000 in the same period.
- British Columbia registered a better growth of employment with more jobs created than prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It was the smaller cities of Canada that did better than the big ones in the second quarter of 2021.
- Canada will be waiting with lots of jobs vacant to be filled for those who are willing to work in Canada. These people include those who submit their applications under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program and the International Mobility Program.
- Canada is going ahead with plans to achieve ambitious immigration targets of 401,000 in 2021. This will be 411,000 in 2022 and 421,000 in 2023.
Canada realizes that immigration is vital for achieving economic recovery through and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Both short-term and long-term economic growth is aimed at and the contribution of immigrants who migrate to Canada is sought for. New immigrants will play a significant role in healthcare establishments like care homes and hospitals, which are essential to deal with the pandemic.
Even immigrants who come in as business people will contribute greatly to the development of the Canadian economy.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…