- Canada plans to welcome high levels of immigrants, temporary foreign workers, and international students
- Nearly 100,000 landings are expected in Canada this Q3 2022, which is a 40% increase compared to Q3 2021
- For over 100,000 Temporary foreign workers, work permits are likely to be issued in Q3
- Around 520,000 people are expected to get permanent residence and get study and work permits
Canada gradually lifted the COVID restrictions applied to temporary and permanent residents. Despite many restrictions, Canada has still seen high newcomer levels during 2021. So it sets to be strong for 2022‘s flow.
*Check your eligibility to Canada, through Canada Immigration Points Calculator.
Permanent Resident permissions in Q3, 2022
By following the rule set by Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024, the Canadian government is currently executing the purpose plan to land 432000 new permanent residents this 2022.
For more information, read more…
According to the recent statistics of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the maximum number of overseas applications have been processed. Mainly the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) applications were processed in a huge number submitted by the candidates who live abroad. That means no limitations are set for the Permanent residents in moving to Canada.
|Expected landings of PR’s in 2022||Increased number compared to 2021|
60% increase with 74,000 PR landings
|Already 123,000 landings happened, more 100,000 landings are expected||
40% increase compared to 2021
The significant increase in Canada’s permanent residence landings compared to 2021 is due to the following reasons.
- IRCC has planned and expanded its processing capacity and was able to sustain its capacity.
- Lifting the COVID and travel restrictions on all the Confirmations of Permanent Residence (COPR) helped Canada end up with many landings.
- Due to Seasonal Component to Canada Immigration.
Canada welcomed 90,000 international students in the first quarter of 2022, a 30% increase compared to Q1 2021 and over a 50% increase in Q1 2019.
Canada expects 270,000 international students to arrive in Canada during July and September this Q3 2022.
Are you looking for Canadian PR visa ?Get assistance from Y-Axis Canada overseas immigration expert.
Temporary Foreign Workers
Canada has two categories of temporary foreign workers to invite.
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP): It is used to welcome and fill in the labor shortages, and it includes a minority of Canada’s work permit holders.
- International Mobility Program (IMP): Majority are welcomed under this program that seeks work permits for economic, social, and cultural purposes.
During the Q1 Canada experienced 73,000 work permits under IMP. Combining TFWP and IMP programs, it is expected that 120,000 new work permits by July and September.
Do you want work in Canada? Speak to Y-Axis overseas Canada immigration career consultant for guidance.
520,000 Expectations by Q3 2022
- Canada expects 520,000 study, work, and permanent residence permits this summer.
- Canada Immigration to see remarkable work permits these three months.
- Canada is going to experience a double or triple counting of newcomers to switch their visas.
- Canada has received record-level applications of 500,000 newcomer categories and expected more.
If you are looking to Migrate to Canada talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company
Found this article interesting? Then read more…