Canada has announced that the country will accept 30,000 more applications under the Parents and Grandparents program of 2021. This means that a record number of 40,000 applications will be accepted in 2021 under the above-said Canada immigration program.
The new ITAs will be issued over 2 weeks, starting September 20, 2021. These will be issued to those who have submitted an interest to sponsor forms submitted previously.
The new move ensures that the commitment of the Canadian government towards reuniting families in Canada is fulfilled.
- The income requirement under this program will continue to be the minimum necessary income. It won’t be minimum income plus 30%.
- The COVID-19 benefits and employment insurance benefits can count towards the income of the sponsor. With this, applicants won’t be penalized for losing their livelihood during the pandemic.
- Individuals invited to apply have 60 days to submit a complete application.
- Selected potential sponsors will have the assessment of their income done for tax years 2018 to 2020.
Criteria to become a sponsor for parents and grandparents
The sponsor must be:
- be at least 18 years old
- be a Canada PR/Canadian citizen or registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- living in Canada
- have sufficient money to support those you want to sponsor
Parents and Grandparents Super Visa
This program is for those who couldn’t get an invitation under the Parents and Grandparents program. With a visa under this Canada immigration program, a parent or grandparent can visit Canada for up to 2 years at a time.
The Super visa permits multiple entries for up to 10 years.
Criteria to apply for Super visa
- The applicant must have eligibility for a regular visitor visa.
- The applicant must prove that they are the parent or grandparent of a Canada PR or Canadian citizen.
- The applicant must undergo a medical examination.
- The applicant must obtain medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company.
- The validity of the insurance must be a minimum of one year.
- It must provide minimum coverage of $100,000 for hospitalization, healthcare, and repatriation.
The family member of the applicant residing in Canada have to:
- demonstrate that they are a Canada PR or Canadian citizen
- demonstrate that their income stands above a minimum level that’s predetermined.
- provide the applicant with a letter of invitation.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest, or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
PR – Permanent Residence/Permanent Resident