There is fast growth in the population of Canada due to immigration. As the birth rate is low and the existing population has grown old, so the Canadian government is inviting more and more people to live and work in Canada. The country is also providing the option of permanent residence and citizenship to the people coming to Canada.
- The population rose twice in comparison to other G7 countries
- Temporary residents and immigrants raised the population
- Four out five people is an immigrant or temporary citizen
* Check your eligibility for Canada through Y-Axis Canada Immigration Points Calculator instantly for free.
Population growth and decline
Yukon is a province in Canada whose population rose speedily. Other provinces whose growth increased are British Columbia and Prince Edward Island. Two provinces faced a declination in growth rate, and they include Labrador and Newfoundland.
Urban growth is faster than the rural as immigrants want to settle in the cities rather than the rural areas. The number of cities also grew as there were 35 cities in 2016, and in 2021 it rose to 41. The new cities and their provinces are listed below.
- Kamloops, B.C.
- Drummondville, Quebec
- Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Chilliwack, B.C.
- Red Deer, Alberta
- Nanaimo, B.C
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like …