More tech candidates were invited through Canada immigration at the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Tech Pilot draw conducted by British Columbia (BC) on May 26, 2020.
The 133 chosen candidates were from International Graduate and Skilled worker streams of Express Entry BC (EEBC) and Skills Immigration categories.
The minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score required for the chosen candidates was 80. These candidates were sent invitations to apply for provincial nomination for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR).
This Tech Pilot was one of the many conducted by BC to find skilled workers in the technological field to work for tech companies in the province. The province is known for its concentration of tech companies.
Under this tech pilot, BC will offer the workers who are invited with a valid job offer in any of the listed in-demand occupations in the tech sector. The 29 jobs on this list are:
- 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade
- 5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts
- 5241 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 5225 Audio and video recording technicians
- 5125 Translators, terminologists and interpreters
- 5224 Broadcast technicians
- 5121 Authors and writers
- 5226 Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 5122 Editors
- 2282 User support technicians
- 2283 Information systems testing technicians
- 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 2281 Computer network technicians
- 2241 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 2242 Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2134 Chemical engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers’ managers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
The candidates for EEBC must have their profiles submitted under both federal Express Entry and BC’s Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS).
In case an Express Entry candidate receives a provincial nomination, he/she will get 600 extra points on his/her Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. This will in effect guarantee him/her that he/she will receive an invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence.
The job offer a Tech Pilot candidate gets should have a minimum span of a year. There must also be a minimum of 120 days left in the candidate’s job term at the time of his/her submitting profile to BC.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…