Following the advice of the Productivity Commission, the Australian Govt. has changed the points system for PR applicants.
David Coleman, Immigration Minister, announced that the point system for Subclass 491 and GSM Visas will be revised. PR applicants are awarded points on the basis of the attributes that contribute to the Australian economy. The most important purpose of the Australian Skilled Migration Program is to augment the benefits of immigration to Australia.
Here are the changes proposed for the new points system:
- 10 points will be awarded to applicants who have a skilled spouse or common-law partner
- 10 points will be awarded to applicants who do not have a spouse or common-law partner
- 5 points will be awarded to applicants whose spouse or common-law partner are able to provide evidence of competent English.
- 15 points will be awarded to applicants who are sponsored by a state or territory in Australia, as per SBS News. Applicants who are sponsored by a relative living in a regional area of Australia will also receive 15 points.
- Applicants who have specific STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) qualifications will be awarded 10 points.
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…