To apply for an Australian PR under Subclass 190 Visa you need to obtain a state nomination. The Govt. of South Australia nominates candidates who are willing to live and work in the state.
To meet the eligibility criteria you need to meet the skills and experience requirement of South Australia. Plus, you will also need to meet the federal criteria.
How can a state nomination benefit you?
- State Nominated visas are processed on priority by the Dept. of Home Affairs
- You receive an additional 5 points under the Subclass 190-Skill Nominated Visa
- You receive an additional 10 points under the Subclass 489-Skilled Regional Provisional Visa
- The occupation list for a State Nomination Visa is much more extensive
- Receive information and services from the State Govt. to help you settle down and find jobs
What are the requirements of a state nomination for South Australia?
- You need a commitment to live and work in South Australia for at least 2 years. You should also be open to long-term settlement in South Australia.
- You should be under 45 years of age at the time of nomination
- Your occupation must be listed on the Skilled Nominated Occupation List of South Australia. To access the Supplementary Occupation List, you must meet the additional requirements.
- You should have obtained a positive Skill Assessment from the relevant authorities
- You should have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in the recent 3 years. Some occupations may require high work experience. South Australian graduates may receive work experience waiver.
- You need to meet the English requirement of South Australia
- You should have enough funds to support yourself and your family in South Australia
- Your EOI should meet the federal as well as the South Australia nomination requirements
How can you apply for a state nomination for South Australia?
- You need to submit an EOI through SkillSelect. You would also need to choose South Australia as your preferred state and select either Subclass 190 or Subclass 489.
- Submit an application for State Nomination through South Australia’s immigration website
- You may track your application online. The outcome of your application can be viewed on the website of South Australia.
- Once your state nomination has been approved, you will receive an invite from the Dept. of Home Affairs asking you to submit a visa application
- You will need to submit your Visa application with the Dept. of Home Affairs, as per ABC News
Y-Axis offers a wide range of visa services and products for aspiring overseas immigrants including General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489 with RMA review, General skilled migration – Subclass 189 /190/489, Work Visa for Australia, and Business Visa for Australia. We work with Registered Migration Agents in Australia.
If you are looking to Visit, Study, Work, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Consultant.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…