Subclass 407 (Training Visa) allows Australian organizations to sponsor overseas workers to come to Australia to participate in training workplace-based training. The training could also include professional activities which are classroom-based.
The Subclass 407 Visa is not meant to fulfill labor shortages in Australia. This may hence not be the most suitable Visa for someone looking to work in Australia. However, it allows the applicant to take up training with a sponsoring company that is consistent with the sole intent of the Visa, as per SBS.
A Subclass 407 Visa holder may train with a Government agency, private organization or a foreign government agency in Australia to hone their occupational skills. This Visa allows you to
- Train in a workplace that requires you to obtain registration or license to be employed in your nominated occupation (Nomination Type 1)
- Participate in a systematic work-based training program that enhances your occupational skills in your nominated occupation (Nomination Type 2)
- Participate in a training program which helps build capacity overseas (Nomination Type 3). This includes the following sub-categories:
- Overseas education (sub-category a)
- Government aid (sub-category b)
- Professional enhancement (sub-category c)
Subclass 407 Visa applicants should have received sponsorship from an organization in Australia who is a temporary activity sponsor approved by the Govt. or who has applied to be one. In case the sponsoring organization is not a Commonwealth Agency, the organization has to sponsor the applicant to take the proposed occupational training. Occupational training must be provided by the sponsor unless exempted.
The nomination process of the Subclass 407 is quite strenuous. The Immigration Department must be satisfied that the sponsoring organization has provided the following information:
- Information identifying the employer or employers for the nominated training program
- Contact details and the location of each employer
- In case the sponsor and the employer are not the same, in that case, they have to provide information on the relationship between the two
- Details of the places where the nominated training is to be carried out
- Information identifying the nominee and all family members that the nominee wishes to include in the Visa
The Subclass 407 Visa is granted for a period of up to 2 years. The Visa allows you to include your spouse and dependent kids. The Spouse is allowed to work up to 40 hours per week on this Visa in Australia.
Y-Axis Australia team includes process consultants and RMAs who facilitate applicant immigrants with issues related to immigration and visas. Our team works in collaboration with India’s National Processing Center in Hyderabad to offer services to the clients.
The services offered by Y-Axis Melbourne include assistance and legal advice for immigration by Registered Migration Agents, Job Search Service, and Visa Assistance.
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Australia, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…