Turkey Tourist Visa
Located between Europe and West Asia, Turkey straddles both these cultures. The tourist attractions here include beautiful coastlines, national parks, ancient mosques and cities with wonderful architecture.
For tourists wanting to visit the country a tourist visa is required. This is called the short-stay visa. With this visa you can stay up to 30 days in Turkey for tourism purposes. You cannot engage in any paid activities during the duration of your stay. There is an e-visa facility to obtain this visa.
Eligibility requirements for tourist visa:
- Have a genuine reason to visit the country
- Have the finances to support your stay
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have proof of motive to return to your home country
Documents required for the visa application:
- A valid passport whose validity will exceed the duration of the visa you apply for by six months
- Passport size photos
- A copy of your completed and signed application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Proof of having enough finances to support your travel and stay in the country
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Letter from the organization where the applicant is working
- Recent statement from your bank
- Income tax statements
- Travel insurance policy that will cover major injuries or accidents
Before you apply for a tourist visa, ensure that you meet the visa requirements and have the required travel documents.
Ensure that you pay the required fees for the visa.
Here are the details of the visa fees:
|Single entry||INR 3940|
|Multiple entry||INR 13120|
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the required documentation
- Advise you on the funds that need to be shown
- Fill out the application forms
- Review your documents for the visa application
What is the difference between single entry and multiple entry visit visa for Turkey?
With a single-entry visit visa for Turkey, you can enter only once. After you leave, no matter how many days you have spent in Turkey, you will have to pay for another visa for entering Turkey.
A multiple-entry visa lets you enter and leave Turkey many times, as long as it is within the validity period of your visa.
What is an e-Visa for Turkey?
If you are travelling to Turkey for commerce or tourism, you can apply online for a Turkish e-Visa.
An e-Visa is only valid if the purpose of travel is commerce or travel. For study or work, the relevant visa is given by the Turkish Consulates or Embassy.
The Turkey e-Visa allows the bearer to remain in the country for up to three months. Travelers who meet the criteria will apply for an e-Visa for Turkey by filling out an online form with their personal details and passport information.
Are Indians eligible for e-Visa for Turkey?
Nationals of India are eligible for e-Visa provided they hold either:
Valid visa from the US, the UK, Ireland, or any of the Schengen countries; or
Valid residence permit from the US, the UK, Ireland, or any of the Schengen countries.
The e-Visa for Turkey is valid for up to 30 days and is open to Indian tourists and business travelers.
Indian nationals who wish to live, work, or study in Turkey must first obtain a visa or permit from the Turkish embassy or consulate in their home country. Any Indian national planning to visit Turkey for more than 30 days for business or tourism must apply for a long-stay visa in place of the e-visa.
Instead of applying for a new e-Visa, Indian citizens who already have a valid Turkish visa can use it to enter the country.
What are the passport requirements for tourist visa Turkey?
The passport must:
Be issued within 10 years from applying for the visa,
Have minimum validity of 6 months after the intended stay in Turkey, and
Have a minimum of 2 full blank pages.
From the moment you reach Turkey, your passport must be valid for at least six months. You may be required to show evidence of a return ticket, a hotel reservation, and at least US $ 50 per day for each day of your stay. Your trip to Turkey is solely for tourism or business purposes.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.