Under the Canada Business Visa, foreign nationals can visit Canada for a short time to conduct business with Canadian enterprises. Successful applicants would be able to research business opportunities, network with Canadian counterparts, and attend trade shows. However, this visa does not allow applicants to work in Canada.
The Canada business visa allows you to:
- Visit Canada for the purpose of business
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- Meet prospective clients and take new orders
- Attend training from your company in Canada
The business visa for Canada allows you to stay for up to six months in Canada.
- You must have a valid and compelling motive to travel to Canada.
- During your stay, you must have enough money to maintain yourself and any dependents.
- You must have a good reputation and a clean criminal record. You may be needed to have a PCC for this (Police Clearance Certificate)
- You must meet the basic health requirements set by the government.
- You’ll need a valid invitation from a reputable company in the country where you’re doing business.
- Passport & travel history
- Background documentation
- Documents from your company
- Documents proving you will not be staying beyond the stipulated time
- Completed application & consulate fees
- Adequate medical insurance
What is the application process for the business visa?
Business visitors must apply for a visitor visa, or TRV, as usual, and declare that they are travelling to Canada for international business. Business travelers may be requested to present proof of their activities to a border services official at their port of entry. They are allowed to bring their families to Canada, but each family member must apply for a visa separately.
Is a work permit required for a business trip to Canada?
You do not need a work permit to conduct business related to your job, such as meeting with clients or attending conferences. You must apply for a work visa if you want to work in secretarial, management, technical, or production roles or stay in Canada for more than six months.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.