Switzerland Business Visa
If you want to visit Switzerland for business purposes, then you will need to apply for a business visa. With this visa a businessman can visit Switzerland for business purposes such as corporate meetings, employment or partnership meetings.
You will have to apply for a short-stay visa which allows you to stay in Switzerland for 90 days. The short-stay visa is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement.
- Valid passport with at least three months validity
- Passport must have been issued during the past ten years
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Switzerland
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Switzerland on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax returns of last three years
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of civil status
Validity and processing time
You can stay for a maximum period of 90 days in Switzerland or any other country in the Schengen region with the business visa.
How can Y-Axis help you?
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application
What is the processing time for business visa for Switzerland?
Usually, the processing time for business visa at the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi is between 7 to 10 working days.
I have submitted my business visa for Switzerland application through VFS. How long will it take to reach the Embassy?
Applications submitted through VFS Delhi will be submitted to the Swiss Embassy the next working day.
Applications accepted at the other VFS locations – Bangalore, Jalandhar, Cochin, Pune, Mumbai, Puducherry, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Chandigarh, and Hyderabad – will be submitted to the Embassy on the 2nd / 3rd working day.
What is the difference between a long-term visa and a short-term visa for Switzerland?
Short-term visa for Switzerland allows you to travel to and stay in Switzerland – for purposes of tourism, business, or visit – for up to 90 days. The short-term visa is also called the Schengen visa.
Long-term visa, on the other hand, lets you travel to and stay in Switzerland for a duration exceeding 90 days. The long-term visa for Switzerland is also called the National visa.
What is earliest that I can apply for business visa for Switzerland?
The earliest that a visa application can be submitted is 3 months before the date that you intend travelling to Switzerland on business.
What if I cancel my business visa for Switzerland application mid-way? Do I get a refund?
The fee will not be refunded if the application is rejected by the government of Switzerland or withdrawn by the applicant for any reason.
Can I submit my visa at the Swiss Consulate General in Mumbai?
The Consulate General of Switzerland in Mumbai does not provide any visa services.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.