Norway Business Visa
If you want to visit Norway for business purposes, then you will need to apply for a business visa. With this visa a businessman can visit Norway for business purposes such as corporate meetings, employment or partnership meetings.
You will have to apply for a short-stay visa which allows you to stay in Norway for 90 days. The short-stay visa is also known as the Schengen visa. This visa is valid in all the European countries which are part of the Schengen agreement.
- Valid passport with at least six months validity
- Passport must have been issued during the past ten years
- 2 passport size photos
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of having financial resources to pay for your return trip and stay in Norway
- Travel insurance policy with a value of 30,000 pounds
- Covering letter from your company in case you are travelling to Norway on behalf of their business
- Invitation letter from the company you will be visiting with details of their address and dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer giving permission for your business travel and a Power of attorney from your company giving you full authority
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Income tax returns of last three years
- Company must give declaration for coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation
Validity and processing time
You can stay for a maximum period of 90 days in Norway or any other country in the Schengen region with the business visa.
How Y-Axis Can Help You
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application
What is the Business Express Program for Norway?
The Business Express Program through the Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi offers a streamlined process for procuring Schengen visas for companies that regularly send employees to Norway on business.
Single point of contact at the Embassy.
Decision within 4 working days.
The Business Express Program is open to well-established local subsidiaries of Norwegian companies and well-established local companies with a subsidiary in Norway. The visa application process is similar to thosefor Business Visa applicants.
Required documents for application
- General introduction of the company, company name and registration number
- Taxation certificate
- Number of employees
- A specimen of the signature(s) of the person(s) authorized to sign cover letters for visa applications
- Full contact details of the persons authorized to share information about the applications and applicants
A business visa to Norway requires more documentation than other category C visas, such as proof of trip funding, proof of prior commercial partnership, an invitation letter from the inviting Norwegian corporation, and proofs of previous commercial transactions.
What is the usual processing time for Business visa for Norway?
Generally, applications for Business visa for Norway are processed within 7 days. In certain cases, the processing time might go up to 15 to 30 days.
What can cause longer processing time for Business visa Norway?
Processing time can be longer in cases where – an interview is needed, documents are missing, or documents have to be verified.
In normal circumstances it must be processed within 6 working days.
Minimum of 10 working days over and above the usual turnaround time of 6 working days for postal applications (those who submit their applications by mail).
Non-Norwegians (those who were born in another country, have a previous nationality, or were born in another country) would have to wait an additional 5 working days for their application to be processed.
How soon should I apply?
The Norwegian Embassy recommends applying at least 4 weeks before your scheduled departure to Norway.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.