Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190/489) Via RMA
Subclass (190/489) are permanent visa categories. It’s for skilled workers wanting to migrate, live, and work in Australia. Applicants must get through the GSM points-based test and score the required points. If an applicant falls short of achieving the qualifying points, but has a nomination/sponsorship from a specific territory/state in Australia, the application can still be processed.
Subclass 489 can be obtained through two pathways. Each of which has its own importance to a great extent:
- The Invited Pathway.
- The Extended Stay Pathway.
So what are these two pathways?
The first one i.e. the invited pathway makes you eligible for the visa if you have:
- Been nominated by an Australian State or Territory Government Agency
- Sponsorship from a relative who is eligible and living in a designated area in Australia
The second one i.e. extended stay pathway requires you to have:
- Provisional visa in subclass 475, 487, 495, or 496.
- 48 months extension from first provisional visa granted date.
Furthermore, if it’s a relative sponsored visa, you will have to submit an expression of interest first. Be invited through SkillSelect which is done every fortnight i.e. 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. Then submit visa application with the specified time period. In case of applications under state regional sponsorship, an invitation for EOI has to be received from a Australian state. Upon receiving a nomination, applicant must respond back in 60 days and apply for visa.
Y-Axis processes Subclass 190/489 visa via RMA (Registered Migration Agents). Have a word with our experts to know more.
What the visa lets you do?
This visa allows you and your family to:
- Stay in Australia for up to four years.
- Live, work and study in a specified regional area of Australia .
- Travel in and out of Australia while the visa is valid.
- Provides a pathway to a permanent visa in Australia.
*Not eligible for any benefits on this visa.
Subclass 190/489 are a quick way to get to Australia on a PR visa. Check eligibility to know if you qualify.
- Be nominated for an occupation mentioned in the Skilled Occupation List.
- Have suitable skill assessment for a particular occupation in the list.
- Should be less than 50 years of age.
- Score points as mentioned in the letter of invitation as per the factors in the points test.
- Competent English.
- Sponsorship from eligible relatives in Australia or a regional sponsorship from a state.
The threshold points to qualify for this visa are 60 and the applicant requires meeting the points as per the invitation received. Points are awarded on the basis of the factors listed below:
Age:- The age of the applicant should be between 18 -49 years. Minimum points 15 with a maximum up to 30 can be granted.
English language:- You must be able to demonstrate that you have at least competent English language ability at the time you are invited to apply and when you lodge your application.
No points are awarded for competent English.
You can receive 10 points for proficient English or 20 points for superior English.
The results of one of the following English language tests, undertaken not more than 36 months prior to the time you were invited to apply for this visa, can be used to evidence your English language ability:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
Cambridge Advanced English (CAE) test results will only be considered if the test was undertaken on or after 1 January 2015. A CAE test undertaken before 1 January 2015 cannot be accepted.
IELTS has an academic test and a general training test. You need only take the general training test unless your assessing authority tells you otherwise. You are only required to provide the test report form (TRF) number or the test registration number that is on your English language test certificate.
Nominated occupation:- The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) if sponsored by a relative or an occupation that is eligible for a state regional nomination as per states occupations list.
Skill Assessment:- It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the EOI is lodged.
Points can also be earned on the following eligibility criteria:
- Overseas Experience points (Experience outside Australia):– The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having three/five/eight years of overseas experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 15 can be granted.
- Overseas Qualification points (Qualifications gained outside Australia):- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for recognized qualifications which is at a level of Bachelors or higher or PhD. or holding qualifications that are assessed by the assessing body during the skills assessment. Minimum points 10 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted, according to the level of qualification AQF Diploma or Bachelors /higher or Ph.D or a qualifications recognized by the assessing body during the assessment. The relevant assessing authority for your nominated occupation can usually determine whether your qualifications are of a standard that is comparable to a relevant Australian qualification.
- Australian Experience:- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points for having worked in Australia for one/three/five/eight in one of the occupations listed on the SOL, in a full-time paid employment. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 20 can be granted.
- Australian Study:- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim additional points for Australian study for a qualification which is a course of at least two Academic years or more. Minimum points 5 with a maximum up to 10 can be granted.
- Partner Skills:- The applicant for the Australia Skilled Immigration Program can claim points under partner skills, if the partner satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications and skills assessment result. The partner should obtain positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority and had at least Competent English. Spouse nominated occupation should be from the same occupations list as per the primary applicant. Partner skills will lead to 5 points
- Professional years/ Credential community language:- Professional year programs for at least 12 months done from Australia in the last 4 years and Credential community language qualification points if you have been assessed as a Para professional translator by NAATI will lead to 5 points.
- Sponsorship points:- The applicant would require a successful, valid nomination from state regional area or sponsorship from family members living in designated areas of Australia. This sponsorship will lead to 10 points.
Sponsorship by a State/Territory:- Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the respective state SOL and he should meet all the eligibility criteria as set by the state. The client has to commit to live and work in this state for initial 2 years of stay in specified regional areas Australia.
Specified Regional Areas:
- You must have lived in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least two years if you were nominated for this visa by a state or territory government. These areas are listed by postcode and state on the table below.
Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas:
|Regional and low population growth metropolitan areas||Postcodes|
|New South Wales (NSW)Anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong||2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to 2739, 2787 to 2898|
|Northern Territory||Entire territory|
|Queensland Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast||4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899|
|South Australia||Entire state|
|Victoria Anywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area||3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to 3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996|
|Western Australia Anywhere except Perth and surrounding areas||6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126,6200 to 6799|
Sponsor by a relative:
- The applicant should be sponsored by an eligible sponsor who is either an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen residing (under a special category visa) in Australia.
- Relation: The relation between the sponsor and the applicant can either be a brother, sister, parent, Non-dependent child, Uncle, Aunt, Nephew, Niece, first cousin, relative of the applicant’s spouse, de-facto spouse inter-dependent partner or Half and step-relatives.
- Location: The sponsor should be living in a designated area of Australia before lodging the application and also should prove that he /she will continue to live in the designated area till the decision is made regarding the application.
- Assistance: The sponsor will have to sign a sponsorship undertaking stating that he/she will provide required assistance to meet the applicant’s financial and social obligations for the period of 2 years to make the applicant’s living comfortable in Australia.
Designated areas of Australia:
|State or territory||Designated area|
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT)||Entire territory|
|New South Wales (NSW)(except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)||2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2333, 2336 to 2490, 2535 to 2551, 2575 to 2739, 2787 to 2898|
|Northern Territory||Entire territory|
|Queensland(anywhere outside the Brisbane metropolitan area)||4019 to 4028, 4037 to 4050, 4079 to 4100, 4114, 4118, 4124 to 4150, 4158 to 4168, 4180 to 4899|
|South Australia||Entire state|
|Western Australia||Entire state|
You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations you need, will depend on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
This applies to you and any dependent family members included in your visa application.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months including all short visits or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, who are above 16 years old, whether they are migrating or not.
Debts to the Australian Government:
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.
You can include the following people in your visa application:
- Your partner (married or de facto).
- Yours or your partner’s dependent children.
- Other dependent relatives.
These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you. Your family members must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements.
Dependent visa applicants, who are above 18 years are required to meet at least Functional English requirement through study where medium of instruction is in English or by paying visa second installment charges towards English requirements.
You can add your partner and dependent children to your application before the visa application can be added and not after the visa is filed.
Immigration South Australia has made it easier for citizens and current passport holders of exempt countries to apply for South Australian state nomination.
Exempt Countries include:
United States of America
Republic of Ireland
If you are a citizen or passport holder of one of the listed exempt countries, you no longer need to provide an English test result (IELTS or OET) to Immigration SA regardless of Immigration SA’s English requirement for your occupation.
If you are an International Graduate of South Australia and a citizen or passport holder of one of the listed exempt countries, you can also access the Immigration SA work experience waiver for ‘available’ occupations.
Please note you may still require an IELTS or OET to gain additional points on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) points test. Additionally Skills Assessing Authorities and Registration / Licensing bodies in South Australia have their own English / work experience requirements so people from exempt countries need to ensure they can meet those requirements prior to applying for state nomination.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
- Document checklist.
- Complete Migration Processing & Application Processing.
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing.
- Guidance on acquiring the specific Police Clearance Certificate.
- Assistance with Medicals.
- Updates & Follow up with the DIBP.
- Visa Interview Preparation – if required.
- Airport Pickup.*
- Accommodation Assistance.*
- Relocation Orientation.*
- Job Search Assistance.*
*These services are provided at an additional cost.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose Y-Axis
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have
franchisees. Most of our customers come to us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of cases
similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated information which we share with you through
our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you would be making an investment of a large sum
and the outcome is critical to your life and career.
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see through glass.
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and reasonable.
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced. You will notice this yourself.
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.
For more details please Contact Us.