Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme – Direct Visa (Subclass 187) Via Registered Migration Agents
Let us start by understanding what ‘Regional Australia’ means. Australian Government has designated specific areas in the country as hotspots to promote immigration, which is jointly referred to as ‘Regional Australia.’ Regional Australia includes regions of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria (excluding Melbourne Metropolitan area), Western Australia (excluding Perth and areas surrounding it), South Australia, Tasmania, and Northern Territory.
Significance of Regional Australia:
Working in Regional Australia helps you score extra points for your PR application. Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Direct Visa (Subclass 187) is for skilled workers who are willing to relocate to Regional Australia permanently. This visa is a part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa Program. A person can be inside or outside Australia at the time of submitting the application. If an applicant is applying for this Visa from inside Australia then he/she must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa. This visa type differs from the Australia Regional Sponsored Migration Transitional Visa (Subclass 187)
This visa can be applied under three streams:
• Temporary Residence Transition Stream
Holders of visa subclass 457, who have worked in the nominated occupation for more than 2 years and sponsored by their employer, are eligible to apply under this stream.
• Direct Entry Stream
People with little or no experience in the Australian labor market are eligible to apply under this visa stream. Temporary residents are not eligible to apply for this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream. Applicants, who lodged their nominations with the Australian Immigration Department before 1st July, 2012 are also eligible to apply under this stream.
• Agreement Stream
People nominated by an employer, through a labour agreement are eligible to apply for the visa under this stream.
You can talk to our experts to know more about this stream. Your application will be processed by a RMA (authorized Registered Migration Agent for DIBP). The RMA will represent you to the concerned processing body (DIBP). RMA can communicate with the Australia immigration department about your application, with your consent.
You are eligible for this visa if you:
• Have been nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne).
• Are younger than 50 years of age, unless you are exempt.
• Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless you are exempt.
• Apply under the stream for which you were nominated.
• Temporary Residence Transition stream:
You can get this visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream if:
1. You hold a Temporary Work visa subclass 457 (Skilled visa) and you satisfy the primary criteria for the same.
2. At the time of submitting your online application, you must provide the following evidence:
• Proficiency in Vocational English (unless you are exempt) or completion of five years of full-time study in a secondary and/or higher educational institution, where the language for course delivery is English.
• Two years work experience with the same employer who nominated you for the Temporary Work visa subclass 457 (Skilled) after having satisfied the primary criteria.
• You have been nominated by the employer for a permanent position under this stream and your nomination has been approved.
• You meet the health and character requirements.
• You are not required to produce any proof for skill assessment as you have worked for the nominating employer for two years in Australia.
• Direct Entry stream:
You can get this visa under the Direct Entry stream if one of the following criteria applies to you:
1. If you have been nominated for a position under this stream and that nomination has been approved.
2. You have never worked or only briefly worked in Australia.
3. You hold a Temporary Work visa subclass 457 (Skilled) but do not qualify to apply for a visa under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
4. You are applying for this visa directly from outside Australia. At time of filing your online application, you would be required to provide documents that supporting the following:
4.1 Have competency in English (unless you are exempt)
4.2 Meet the skill requirements, unless you are exempt. In some cases, where you need to undergo skill assessments, an assessment for Visa subclass 485 visas will not be accepted as they do not assess the applicant’s work experience; and are inappropriate in demonstrating skills under the RSMS program.
a. The skill requirements are:
• If your occupation is listed under the relevant legislative instrument but you do not have an Australian qualification that supports your occupation, then you must take up a valid skill-assessment prior to submitting your application. Skill assessments for a visa subclass 485 visa will not be accepted as it is not considered a complete skill assessment for skilled permanent migrations. Skill assessments are only valid till the expiry date specified on the assessment, or for a period of three years from the date of issue, whichever is first.
• If your occupation is listed under the relevant legislative instrument and you have an Australian qualification supporting your occupation, then you can provide this as an evidence of your skills assessment criteria.
• If your occupation is not listed under the legislative instrument, you must demonstrate that your qualifications are listed under ANZSCO, which proves that you can perform tasks that are relevant to your occupation.
• You need not meet the skill assessment and qualification requirements if:
• You have nominated earnings equal to that of Australian Taxation Office top individual income tax rate (currently AUD180 001).
• You are in Australia and hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or a New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa (subclass 461) and have worked with your nominating employer under the nominated occupation for the past two years (does not include periods of unpaid leaves) since three years, before applying for this visa.
• Agreement stream:
You can get this visa under the Agreement stream, if you are sponsored by an employer through a tailored labour agreement. Your employer can advise if such an agreement is stipulated for your industry or occupation. You must meet the age, skills and English language requirements that are stated in the agreement.
• Health Requirements:
You must meet certain health requirements before you apply for this visa. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months. This applies to all dependent family members who are included in your application, whether they migrate or not. You should initiate your health examinations before filing for your visa application.
• Character Requirements:
You must meet certain character requirements before you apply for this visa. You must be prepared to provide a police clearance certificate for each country you have resided in for a period of 12 months or more, since the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to. This also applies to all the dependent family members who aged 16 years and above and included in your visa application.
Our Full Service & Processing Includes:
• You will be provided with a document checklist and assistance on understanding the documentation process.
• Templates will be provided for Resume, Experience letters, Project reports, Affidavits and other formats, wherever applicable.
• Documentation will be reviewed by our consultants and you will be provided with the necessary feedback.
• Quality check by the respective team managers to for effective documentation.
• Assistance will be provided by our consultants on all correspondences with the assessing authorities.
• You will be provided with updates on any changes in rules and regulations.
• Provide alternative options as per new policies effected by the Australian Government.
• Prepare you for the next stage requirements.
Y-Axis Immigration Department
- We offer documentation processing, application & filing services for those interested in immigrating.
- Our Immigration Processing Department ranks amongst the best in the world. A strong research team ensures that cases are evaluated and processed as per the latest updated rules and regulations.
- Our experience at having filed thousands of applications over the last 16 years has resulted in a strong & comprehensive case study database.
- Our offices across the Indian Subcontinent and Overseas make us the only consultant in India with a widespread presence, because of which we file the highest number of application from India. Y-AXIS also employs and works with regulated & accredited immigration lawyers in our own offices in London & Canada and partner offices in Australia and New Zealand. We have the highest success rate in India & over 50% of our business comes from referrals & word of mouth.
- They are five countries that currently have a point based immigration programme. Point based immigration is a good option for those who want to work & settle overseas.
- There are a number of categories under which an applicant can file his/her application. You can either apply independently /a relative sponsor you / an overseas Employer sponsor you Or the country itself sponsor you. Applicants whose occupations are in demand usually get bonus points & faster processing. Each country has their specific list of occupations.
10 Good reasons to choose Y-Axis
1. We are the established Market Leaders when it comes to overseas careers. We have a company owned and operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our clients come to us through word of mouth referrals based on the trust and quality work we have delivered over the years.
2. We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
3. You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have accumulated from processing thousands of applications similar to yours.
4. We have a pulse on global trends in careers & immigration; and have updated information, which we share with you through weekly newsletters and email alerts.
5. We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in a company, when you make an investment of a visa fee, outcome for which is critical to your life and career.
6. We are system driven and have transparent processes and costing. All our offices are designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why we have see through glasses in all our cabins.
7. We conduct business in good faith and our agreements are fair and reasonable.
8. We help you with a job search and settlements. Our Job Search Services Department is one of our biggest strengths.
9. We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and experienced.
10. We are fairly priced, offer you flexible payment options and charge you on a success fee basis. E refund if we don’t deliver.
For more details please Contact Us.