Canada has announced new temporary permanent residence streams. Now, candidates for those streams can use language test results that are up to 2 years old with their visa applications.
IRCC stipulates that the test must be conducted by an agency approved by the federal government of Canada. Only then the candidate can qualify.
On April 14, 2021, Canada launched the new temporary pathways for 90,000 international graduates and temporary workers. The aim was to reach the target of 401,000 new Canada PR visa holders in 2021. This target was set ambitiously by Canada immigration despite going through the COVID-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions that resulted.
For candidates to qualify under the new streams, international graduates must possess CLB benchmark 5. Temporary workers must have at least CLB 4.
The new streams have already created a surge in demand for the necessary language tests for qualification.
The language test results will be submitted by IRCC via email or via the online portal of the testing organization.
Until May 5, 2021, Ottawa will continue to accept applications for the new streams if the number of applications won’t touch the maximum set for the same. The ceilings are as follows:
- 40,000 applications for international graduates who graduated from a Canadian institution
- 30,000 applications for TFWs in selected essential occupations other than healthcare
- 20,000 applications for TFWs in healthcare
Applicants who apply under the TFW streams must have a minimum of 1 year’s work experience in Canada in an occupation in the healthcare sector. It could be any other essential occupation that’s pre-approved.
International graduates must have completed their studies at a Canadian university or college. The course must have been completed within the last 4 years.
Eligible family members can be added to the application under all the new streams. These streams are:
- Temporary Worker Stream A for French-speakers (Health-related jobs)
- International Graduate Stream
- Temporary Worker Stream A (For health-related jobs)
- International Graduate Stream for French-speakers
- Temporary Worker Stream B (For other essential jobs)
- Temporary Worker Stream B for French-speakers (Other essential jobs)
If you are looking to Study, Work, Visit, Invest or Migrate to Canada, talk to Y-Axis, the World’s No.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
IRCC – Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada